The first bridge on this site appeared in Omsk in 1826, and it was called Elias. This bridge was made of wood and stood until the beginning of XX century. The remains of its supports and still visible under the modern bridge. In 1898 the city head Ostapenko, coming from the world exhibition in Paris, decided to build an iron drawbridge. 7 Jun 1903, in the place of Elias bridge was solemnly opened on the drawbridge, which in common parlance is called the Iron or Paris. He lasted until 1967, when in honor of the fiftieth anniversary of the establishment of Soviet power opened a new reinforced concrete single-span bridge, named in honor of this anniversary, Anniversary. Today, this bridge is one of the "visiting cards" of the city, with a spectacular view of the historic centre of Omsk. During the holidays, this bridge becomes pedestrian-only and pass through the tens of thousands of people.